Some people say it takes 21 days to form a new habit, but I've also heard 28 days. Since I'm stubborn and a slow learner, I'm giving myself a month to establish a new habit. This blog will document each month's habits. Please join me!

Friday, August 17, 2012

Green Smoothie Habit -- Beets are ok

I don't like beets but we keep getting them in our CSA.    They're really good for you and have detoxing abilities, if a bunch of websites are to be believed..  So, now that I am able to use my kitchen and don't have the excuse of cream  colored, easily stained tile in the bathroom, I had to use some of them.  A couple nights ago I made a raw beet salad that was pretty good and yesterday I added a 1/4 of a beet to my smoothie and I couldn't taste it. 

Day 16 -- Beetiful green smoothie

1 cup coconut milk
handful fresh raspberries
3 big chard leaves
1/4 beet
1 cup frozen mixed berries
2 dates
dash of cardamom


I'm beginning to think that the dates and a little spice are the secret to successful smoothies.  They offset a lot of the "green" flavor.  If you have any other techniques for yummifying green smoothies, please post them in the comments.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment