Some people say it takes 21 days to form a new habit, but I've also heard 28 days. Since I'm stubborn and a slow learner, I'm giving myself a month to establish a new habit. This blog will document each month's habits. Please join me!

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Green Smoothie Habit -- Day 19 -- Too many beets

Today I doubled the beets in my green smoothie.  Umm, there's definitely such a thing as too many beets for my taste.  Fortunately, I was able to mask the flavor with more fruit.
I started with 1 cup of kombucha, about 1/3 papaya, 1/2 beet, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 2 sorrel leaves and 3 chard leaves.  Much too beety for me.  So, this is the final recipe which was pretty good.

1 cup kombucha
1 cup coconut milk
1/3 papaya
1 peach
1/2 beet
1/2 cup cottage cheese
2 sorrel leaves
2 chard leaves
a few shakes of cinnamon
2 dates

Made 4 cups.

As you can see, it's a vibrant non-green color :-)  There really are greens in it, but the beets stole the show. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment