Some people say it takes 21 days to form a new habit, but I've also heard 28 days. Since I'm stubborn and a slow learner, I'm giving myself a month to establish a new habit. This blog will document each month's habits. Please join me!

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Green Smoothie Habit -- Day 22 -- Making it a meal

Today's green smoothie was my breakfast and I wanted it to stick with me for a while.  I'm sipping it now, so we'll see how it goes. This recipe is adapted from The Yummy Life. 


Green Berry Blast Breakfast Smoothie

1 cup raspberries
1/2 cup strawberries
1 peach
1 1/2 c. chopped beet greens (thus the red colored "green" smoothie)
1/4 cup uncooked old fashioned oatmeal
1/2 vanilla whole milk yogurt
2 T. ground flax seeds
1 1/2 c. water
1 medjool date

This is a fiber and nutrient packed smoothie with more than 10 g. fiber, over 100% DV for Vitamin C and K, 50% of Vitamin A and lots of calcium.  It's a little short on protein, but with my morning latte (hey, I'm in the Northwest so I'm required by law to have fancy coffee drinks) I get more protein. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment