Some people say it takes 21 days to form a new habit, but I've also heard 28 days. Since I'm stubborn and a slow learner, I'm giving myself a month to establish a new habit. This blog will document each month's habits. Please join me!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Green Smoothie Habit -- Day 25

I woke up yesterday and decided to make it an 80% raw food day.  Kind of like a mini-cleanse.   After a bit of poking around on the internet, I found some sites that actually had one-day cleanses such as Wicked Good Travel and Kimberly Snyder.   I didn't follow these completely, but still managed 80% raw food for the day.



The day started with my usual latte which has 1 cup of 1% milk.   Then I had 16 oz of kombucha tea followed by my green smoothie.  BTW, if anyone needs a kombucha scoby, let me know.  Mine is huge and needs to be separated.

Breakfast Green Smoothie 

1 cup water
2 peaches
1 very ripe banana
2 T. flax seeds
a few dashes of cinnamon
1 medjool date
1 cup chopped kale

I rarely put kale in a smoothie, but the cinnamon and date made it palatable.  Before adding the flax seeds, I poured half the smoothie into a pint jar to save for later.  I wasn't sure what the flax seeds would do and didn't want to have to choke down a gelatinous glob.  Unlike previous times when I had a smoothie as my only breakfast, this one stuck with me.  Maybe it was the flax seeds?   Anyway, this served as my breakfast and lunch.

Snack was an apple and 2 big naturally fermented dill pickles. 

For dinner I made a salad with one big cucumber, one big tomato, 1/4 avocado, chopped basil, balsamic vinegar and sea salt.  It was good, but I should have used 1/2 an avocado instead.  I got hungry pretty quickly.  So, I had some raw pumpkin seeds and air popped popcorn.

I entered all of this in my Lose It ap and this is the nutritional breakdown of my day.

Calorie 1113
Fat 22.6 g (17%)
Carbs 217.3 (72%)
Fiber 41.3 g
Sugars 104g
Protein 34.8 g (11%)

I was surprised how much protein there was in addition to the 8 g from the milk.

I felt pretty good all day and woke up with energy ready to tackle the day today.  Sleeping in an extra couple hours didn't hurt either.

I'm seriously considering going 80% raw for the rest of the month.  It would be a good way to super charge my system as we get ready for a new school year.  I'll keep you posted.

Cheers!







No comments:

Post a Comment