Some people say it takes 21 days to form a new habit, but I've also heard 28 days. Since I'm stubborn and a slow learner, I'm giving myself a month to establish a new habit. This blog will document each month's habits. Please join me!

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Green Smoothie Habit --Day 4 & 5

It's been a busy couple of days with extra kiddos in the house and lots of fun activities.  These two recipes were ones we shared for dinner, so I didn't get my usual dosage, but it was still better than nothing.

Day 4 -- Sorrel Green Smoothie
1 cup plain yogurt
banana
plums -- several little Italian ones
frozen pineapple
frozen strawberries
big handful of sorrel
approx 1 TBSP of honey to off-set the tartness of the plain yogurt and sorrel

We got sorrel in our CSA box, and this was a fun way to use it.  It also makes delicious pesto. Just substitute sorrel for basil and it's a quick topping for fish or chicken. 


Day 5 -- Produce Drawer Green Smoothie

This was empty out the produce drawer day.

1 orange
1 apple
banana
yogurt
plums (we got 7 pints in our CSA box)
entire bag of frozen mixed berries
lots and lots of beet greens -- turned the smoothie dark purple.  One little guest had a lovely purple mustache. 

Everyone loved this smoothie, so I think my underhanded attempt to get extra leafy goodness into them worked. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment