Some people say it takes 21 days to form a new habit, but I've also heard 28 days. Since I'm stubborn and a slow learner, I'm giving myself a month to establish a new habit. This blog will document each month's habits. Please join me!

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Green Smoothie Habit -- Days 6-7

One reason I'm blogging about my green smoothie habit is that it keeps me motivated.  With house guests and remodel issues, I could easily have skipped a day or two.  The external accountability clearly works to keep me going.

Day 6 -- Savory Cilantro smoothie

1 cup kombucha tea
2 tomatoes
cucumber
carrot
2 big handfuls cilantro
juice of 1/2 a lime
2 leaves chard
big handul of spring greens
dash of salt
a couple drops of chipotle hot sauce
1/2 cup cottage cheese

This was surprisingly good.  I'd gotten a lot of cilantro and tomatoes in our CSA box and had been wanting to try a savory smoothie.  This tasted kind of like blended salsa and because of the cottage cheese, it stuck with me for several hours.


Day 7 -- Mixed fruit smoothie

2 oranges
2 nectarines
3 plums
1 banana
2 big handfuls of beet greens
bag of frozen strawberries

This made a very thick smoothie, which others in my family like.  We had this with our dinner and it was pretty good.  My husband said there were too many beet greens and had a weird after taste. I didn't notice it, but I'm more accustomed to greens in smoothies. 


I haven't made today's smoothie yet.  We're out of fruit, so it'll probably be another savory one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment