Some people say it takes 21 days to form a new habit, but I've also heard 28 days. Since I'm stubborn and a slow learner, I'm giving myself a month to establish a new habit. This blog will document each month's habits. Please join me!

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Green Smoothie Habit -- Days 8 & 9 -- Pulling out the stopwatch

Confession time:  I'm a total geek.  Not necessarily in the traditional sense, but I do weird things like time how long it takes to do daily chores.  Mostly I do that so I can convince myself that folding that $%@*&^ basket of laundry really won't take that long.  I hate folding laundry. I don't mind washing it but resist folding it...but I digress. 

Anyway, I timed how long it took me to make my smoothie today.  This is from the time I opened the refrigerator to the time I took my first sip. It was a whopping 7 minutes 55 seconds.  That includes going to the garage refrigerator to get some ingredients that were buried under other stuff and responding to a text from my husband.  Peeling the papaya took the majority of the time.

But, before I tell you about today's smoothie, let's look at yesterday's.    It was another savory one.





Day 8  Green Smoothie Habit
1 cup kombucha tea
2 tomatoes
1 small zucchini
1/2 bunch bok choi
1 celery top
salt
spoonful of chia seeds

It was quite acidic between the tomatoes and kombucha, which was good because I had it as an afternoon snack and had been craving something salty. 


Day 9 Tropical Green Smoothie

1 cup coconut milk
1 cup water
1/2 papaya
1 banana
3 leaves chard

Today's smoothie was a fruit one based on  The Raw Family's 15 Green Smoothies in 3 Minutes video


I'm more than a week into my new habit and overall it's going well.  I feel like I'm waking up more easily  and my energy level seems pretty good.  I keep forgetting to weigh myself, but I don't think there's much change which is a bummer.   Of course that might be because of the blackberry cobbler a couple nights ago and the brownies last night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment