Some people say it takes 21 days to form a new habit, but I've also heard 28 days. Since I'm stubborn and a slow learner, I'm giving myself a month to establish a new habit. This blog will document each month's habits. Please join me!

Friday, August 31, 2012

Green Smoothie Habit -- Month in review

One last smoothie recipe for the month.  This is adapted from Nourishing Meals.  
Minty Ginger Peach Smoothie

2 peaches
1 nectarine
1 cucumber
3 mint sprigs
1 cup chopped kale
2 T. flax seeds
1/2" piece of ginger
1 cup water


The mint and ginger made this a refreshing smoothie. 



This is the last day of my Green Smoothie habit. although I certainly didn't have a smoothie every day, my green smoothie consumption was much greater than it had been prior, so I'd say it was a success in that respect.  Because of the high water content, the timing of the consumption was kind of tricky sometimes, if you know what I mean.

I was hoping for some noticeable changes in energy levels or weight, but no luck. I didn't change my eating habits other than adding the smoothies, and I already ate  pretty healthy, so that may be the reason.  As mentioned in an earlier post, when I had my smoothie as an afternoon snack, it seemed to cut down on my evening snacking, so maybe if I'd done that more consistently, I would have seen some weight loss.  I'll keep experimenting.  

Bottom line: I'll definitely continue with green smoothies. Psychologically, I feel better when I have one, knowing that I'm filling my body with all kinds of nutrients.  Plus, a lot of them taste really good.  I am thrilled to have discovered savory smoothies with their lower sugar content and ability to conquer salt cravings. 

Join  next month for daily exercise. 




No comments:

Post a Comment