Some people say it takes 21 days to form a new habit, but I've also heard 28 days. Since I'm stubborn and a slow learner, I'm giving myself a month to establish a new habit. This blog will document each month's habits. Please join me!

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

September Habit -- Daily Exercise

Next month's habit is daily exercise and I would LOVE to have others join me for motivation, inspiration and maybe even friendly competition.  Who's in?

For me, the parameters are:
  • Minimum 15 minutes/day
  • Exercise can be anywhere from walking the dog, to using the elliptical, working out with a DVD or On Demand show, weights, etc.  In other words, it doesn't matter what it is, as long as it happens.  
  • It must be dedicated exercise.  Going to Costco and pushing the massively heavy cart all over the store doesn't count. Yes, it burns calories, but that kind of rationalization is a slippery slope for my creative excuse making. 
  • No excuses! Rain, shine, sore muscles, too busy, don't "feel like it" are not valid. 

BTW, I will not be posting pictures of myself in exercise clothes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment