Some people say it takes 21 days to form a new habit, but I've also heard 28 days. Since I'm stubborn and a slow learner, I'm giving myself a month to establish a new habit. This blog will document each month's habits. Please join me!

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Daily Exercise Habit -- Day 1

Today's the first day of my daily exercise habit.  With a busy weekend schedule, I wasn't sure how to work exercise into my day, but got creative.  We're having a yard sale tomorrow, so rather than driving, I walked around the neighborhood to put up signs.  According to my Fitbit, it ended up being about 8,000 steps which was 3.4 miles, and the hills equated to 38 flights of stairs. 

I like the Fitbit because it helps me track my activity level, calories burned, flights of stairs and number of steps.   No, I'm not being paid to say this.  One of the other cool things about it is that it tracks everything online for you.  You can even enter in your food consumption so you can track calories in vs. calories out. 

After my walk, I felt a bit more centered and calm.  I forget how exercise does that for me.  I'd been quite cranky earlier.  Note to self: when feeling cranky, if at all possible, get some exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment