Some people say it takes 21 days to form a new habit, but I've also heard 28 days. Since I'm stubborn and a slow learner, I'm giving myself a month to establish a new habit. This blog will document each month's habits. Please join me!

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Daily Exercise Habit -- Days 2-4

Woo-hoo, I've been meeting my goal of exercising each day.  I know it's only the 4th day, but if I hadn't set the goal, I guarantee you I would have skipped a couple of days.  So, here's the scoop...


Day 2 -- This was garage sale day, so after setting everything up, I mostly sat on my tush.  Because of the daily exercise goal, I walked to pick up the signs that we posted in the neighborhood.  Without the goal, I'm sure I would have driven.  Pathetic, I know.

Day 3--  I dusted off the medicine ball and did about 20 minutes with it:  Russian twists, chops, lunges, etc.  It wasn't a ton, but I seriously feel it in my glutes today.  The good news is that my knee is fine.  It was giving me trouble a couple years ago and lunges would have killed it.  I'll still take it slowly, but am happy that it didn't object.

Day 4 -- Walked the dog for almost an hour.  According to the Fitbit, it was about 6,000 steps, 300 calories and 35 floors climbed.  As you can tell, I live in a hilly neighborhood. 

Wednesday, tomorrow, is weigh-in day and I'll report the news.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment