Some people say it takes 21 days to form a new habit, but I've also heard 28 days. Since I'm stubborn and a slow learner, I'm giving myself a month to establish a new habit. This blog will document each month's habits. Please join me!

Friday, September 7, 2012

Daily Exercise Habit -- Days 5 -7 -- Getting into the groove

Wa-hoo, I was down 1 lb on the scale.  I'm crossing my fingers that this isn't a fluke.  The thing about the exercise habit is that it has side effects like wanting to eat healthier and drinking more water.  Plus, my energy level has been a little higher, so I've been more active in general.  Maybe it's a coincidence, but I sure hope not!

Day 5 -- Did a workout through On Demand on Comcast.  I know these aren't really free because we're paying for cable, but it still feels like a free exercise video.  I love that you can choose from beginner to advanced, the length of the workout, and what type of activity you want.  I don't love that I notice how dirty my carpet is when I'm doing crunches on the carpet.  I swear I vacuum regularly.  Wow, four sentences beginning with "I" and multiple other uses of the word.   What a narcissist.

Day 6 -- Walked the dog after dinner.  We went 35 minutes which was about 4000 steps  and burned >200 calories.  Unfortunately, it got a little dark, so I need to walk her earlier.  It did cause me to pick up the pace through the heavily wooded area.

Day 7 -- Another TV workout.  It was 24 minutes, and they claim that it's the equivalent of a 2 mile walk.  Unlike a walk, it's got upper body moves  so it feels like a better workout.  The dog got nuthin' out of this though. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment