Some people say it takes 21 days to form a new habit, but I've also heard 28 days. Since I'm stubborn and a slow learner, I'm giving myself a month to establish a new habit. This blog will document each month's habits. Please join me!

Monday, October 8, 2012

Food Journaling Habit -- First Week

Wow, writing down everything you eat is a little too enlightening!  With the magic of the internet, you can even find out how much damage you did eating in a restaurant. For those of you who are wondering, it's safe to say that consuming 1500 calories in one meal is a tad over my daily budget.  And, I felt gross later that night and the next day. Note to self: plan your order before going to the restaurant.  If you can't do that, as in this case which  was a spur of the moment meal, ask for the nutritional information or look it up online on your phone if you can. 

In spite of my major back-sliding Saturday night, I was down a pound for the week.  Early in the week I was actually down almost 3 pounds, so I'm hopeful that this week will be more. 

It's been interesting comparing Lose It! to Weight Watchers.  If you actually join WW and go to the meetings, you get all the education and support, which you don't get with a phone app.  Going to meetings isn't really not my thing, and I'm cheap, so everything I know about the current WW plan is what I've found online.  Overall, I've found that the amount I eat based on the Weight Watchers Points Plus plan and the Lose It! app are pretty much the same.  There may be a few calories or points differences in my daily goals, but overall, the end result is the same.  I think the key is being conscious  about what you're eating. 

Check back later for some low cal/low points, but pretty filling meals and snacks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment