Some people say it takes 21 days to form a new habit, but I've also heard 28 days. Since I'm stubborn and a slow learner, I'm giving myself a month to establish a new habit. This blog will document each month's habits. Please join me!

Monday, October 1, 2012

October Personal Challenge -- Food Journaling

Now that I've gotten into a great exercise routine, the next step is to really make sure I'm conscious about what I'm putting into my body.  My plan is to record my food intake through both the Lose It app and Weight Watchers Points Plus.  After trying to squeeze into a couple pairs of pants recently, it's time to drop 15 pounds.  My goal is to have it gone by Christmas.

About 10 years ago I used the Winning Points system and it worked really well.  Unfortunately, I stopped counting my points and eventually my weight started creeping back up.  I don't go to WW meetings so don't have the official Points Plus information, but there's so much available online, that I think I'll be pretty close.

With the  Lose It! app you record your daily food and exercise and it lets you know how you're doing in relation to your goals.  It interfaces nicely with the Fitbit, so it's really handy. 

I won't bore you with what I eat every day, but will share some of the best low cal/low points meals that I create.  My biggest challenge is trying to eat within a low calorie range while my teenage athletes need to eat 4-5000+ calories per day. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment