Some people say it takes 21 days to form a new habit, but I've also heard 28 days. Since I'm stubborn and a slow learner, I'm giving myself a month to establish a new habit. This blog will document each month's habits. Please join me!

Monday, March 17, 2014

Another Green Smoothie & Juice Commitment

Oh my goodness.  My habit for over a year ago was to blog more regularly.  Obviously that was a big fail. Would you believe that I did that just for the irony?  Nah, I thought not.   But, I did complete the half-marathon with a friend, lost more weight and lived a pretty healthy life-style...for a while.  Sadly, I have gained back all of the weight that I lost and am not exercising very regularly.  The weather has been lousy, so I haven't been super excited about walking the dog. So, back to the basics of improving eating and increasing exercise. 

I'm starting with either a daily green smoothie (32 oz) or green juice (16 oz).  I'm on day 3 of that and am sitting in front of the computer sipping the following:

Green Breakfast Smoothie:
1 cup plain greek yogurt
1 very ripe banana
1 apple
large chard leaf
a few lettuce leaves
2/3 of an English cucumber
2 medjool dates

It made a little over 32 ounces.

My son has started making green juice once or twice a week.  One interesting side effect is that he seems to be making a few healthier choices in the rest of his eating.  Not that he's giving up his favorite gold fish crackers and mac & cheese, but he has been taking larger portions of vegetables with dinner and asking for more fruit in his lunch.  I've read that once you start feeding your body healthier foods, it starts craving them. Of course, I've also read that humans have given birth to aliens, so who knows. 

I'll keep posting about my green intake...probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment